Let's Get Cooking!
We’ve compiled a couple recipes for you using
some of this month’s member specials so let’s get cooking!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted Cabot butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar (for sanding)
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, salt, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks while mixing. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Pour in the flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Roll the dough into a log. Wrap in parchment paper or plastic, then chill it in the refrigerator for at least an hour. The best way to keep the dough from flattening out on the bottom is to pop it into an empty cardboard paper towel roll.
- Once the dough is chilled sprinkle the sanding sugar on a clean surface. Unwrap the dough and roll in the sugar.
- Use a sharp knife to cut dough into slices of even thickness.
- Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until the edge is JUST turning golden brown.
Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- 8 oz Cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 oz Cabot butter
- 4 oz Heavy Cream
- 2-3 tablespoons erythritol
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Baking chocolate or coconut for decorating
- Add all the ingredients to a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes or until mix through and creamy.
- Scoop batter using an ice-cream scooper into a mini cupcake pan (lined or unlined). Place in the fridge to set for 1-2 hours or in the freezer for up to 30 minutes.
- Remove from cupcake tins and transfer them into an air-tight container. refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.
*If you do not have a mini cupcake pan, place the mixed batter into the freezer until it is firm, then scoop batter to form balls.
4 Ingredient Meatball Casserole
- 1 lb dry pasta of your choice
- 24 oz marinara sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 packages of Beyond Meat meatballs (12-16 meatballs)
- Place meatballs on aluminum foil-lined baking sheet coated lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Bake according to instructions.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water just a few minutes less than called for on the package. Drain well.
- Pour pasta into a casserole dish (9”x13” pan size), add the sauce and half of the cheese and mix well.
- Add the meatballs on top and add the remaining cheese.
- Bake until cheese is bubbly and brown (about 15 minutes)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
Authentic Turkish Coffee
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon extra finely ground Equal Exchange coffee of your choice (powder consistency)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom (or 1 cardamom pod, crushed)
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or more to taste, optional
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add coffee and cardamom.
- Return saucepan to heat and allow to come to a boil. Remove from heat when coffee foams.
- Again, return to heat, allowing to foam and remove from heat again.
- Pour into 2 demitasse cups, and let them sit for a few minutes so the grounds can settle to the bottom of the cups. If using a cardamom pod, it can be served with the coffee for added flavor.
- Serve and enjoy!
From all of us here at MOCO, we are honored to be serving our community during this time and
thank you for supporting your local food coop!