May 1st is Green Up Day!
" Roll up your shirt sleeves,
put on your work shoes and
get busy cleaning!"
The first official Green Up Day was held on April 18, 1970. Green Up Day is a grassroots tradition in Vermont in which people of all ages can take part. The State cleans up the State Highways, and Green Up Day volunteers clean up the town roads.
Green trash bags are distributed throughout the state for volunteers to use in their areas. You can pick up bags at your local town hall and other community locations. For more information please see the table below.
Be Safe on Green Up Day
Happy earth Day!
Today is Earth DayThe theme for this year's Earth Day is "Restore Our Earth" which focuses on natural processes and emerging green technologies that can restore the world's ecosystems. The first Earth Day happened in 1970. For decades leading up to the first Earth Day, Americans were subject to huge amounts of leaded gas feeding inefficient cars and trucks. Industrial smoke stacks spewed smoke and sludge creating air pollution. Until this point, America was basically unconcerned with the environment and how a polluted environment threatened human health. Thankfully, Rachel Carson's New York Times best selling book, Silent Spring (1962), set the stage for change. The book sold over 500,000 copies in 24 countries and
What's New at the Co-op?
Outdoor seating is back at the Co-op!
New in the Store
African Market Baskets & Hats.
Handcrafted from artisans in Bolgatanga, Ghana.
We are now offering contactless payment options! Tap your credit card or use Apple Pay.
Our Wine Selection Continues to Grow
Dominio de Punctum Sin Sulfitos Barrel Aged Tempranillo. This
April is Stress Awareness Month
- Recognize when you don’t have control, and let it go.
- Avoid getting anxious about situations that you cannot change.
- Take control of your reactions and focus your mind on something that
Let's Get Cooking!
We've compiled a couple recipes for you using
some of this month's member specials so let's get cooking!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted Cabot butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar (for sanding)
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, salt, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg yolks while mixing. Scrape down sides of the bowl.
- Add 2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Pour in the flour mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Roll the dough into a log. Wrap in parchment paper or plastic, then chill it in the
April Member Specials!
Has Mother Nature forgotten that it's April rain showers not
April SNOW showers that bring May flowers?
Rogue Herbalist is a specialty herbal supplement company and educational platform. They offer a variety of herbal products as well as custom formulations.
Member Price: 20% OFF
(on all in-stock products)
Cabot Butter - Salted & Unsalted
Regular Price: $4.99 / lb