Why Social Media... and just what the heck is it?
MOCO has fully embraced social media to reach out to our local community and connect with our customers, within Lamoille County and beyond. We are able to help keep you informed, build brand awareness, increase our customer base, and connect our customers and members. We strive to educate you about our local vendors, farms and producers, as well as healthy food and lifestyle options.
We are building our following on Facebook and Instagram and adding to our email subscriber list daily. We have a new LinkedIn account and we are planning to add a new YouTube Channel soon!
MOCO is extremely thankful for all of our follows and subscribers, but we need more engagement on our posts and emails. This is where you come in! By engaging with our social media, in the form of follows, likes and shares, you help us build an informed community, extend our reach to our followers, and ultimately, it benefits you! By engaging in our posts, you allow us to gather data that will help us bring in more of the products you want, drive customers to the store, and create lower prices. Your engagement helps us to understand your reactions, wants, and needs and provide you with outstanding customer service.
How You Can Help Us Make Our Social Media Campaigns Successful
1. Like and follow us on social media and get your friends to do the same!
2. Engage with our social media posts by liking them, commenting on them and sharing them.
3. Have your friends subscribe to our newsletter emails.
4. Add our newsletter email to your contacts so they don’t go to spam (email@example.com)
Please feel free to share any of our posts to your local Front Porch Forum!
If you are having trouble seeing our posts, here are a few helpful suggestions.
- Click the drop down arrow on the top right, click “Settings & Privacy” and select “News Feed Preferences”. Choose “Manage Favorites”. Then look for the MOCO page and ‘Favor’ it (to make this easier you can hit the drop down arrow at the right and select “Pages Only).
- Because of the Facebook algorithms, it also helps to engage in posts by liking, commenting and sharing our posts.
- Instagram’s technology uses different ways, or signals, to determine the order of posts in your feed. These signals are used to help determine how your feed is ordered, and may include:
– Likelihood you’ll be interested in the content
– Date the post was shared
– Previous interactions with the person posting
- As with Facebook, the more you like, comment and share a post the better chance you have of seeing more of our posts.
If you are not receiving our weekly Emails try the following.
Roughly 1 in 6 emails goes directly into your spam or junk folder! Subscriber engagement plays a huge role in email deliverability. Email service providers such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact look at engagement levels and recipient behavior when deciding which emails make to an inbox and which go to spam. Low engagement equates to low open rates. If you don’t open our emails, they can start going right to spam.
There are a couple ways you can insure you are receiving MOCO emails.
1. Add our email address to your contacts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2. Mark our emails as “Not Spam”
From all of us here at MOCO, we are honored to be serving our community during this time and
thank you for supporting your local food coop!