|According to “The Source Bulk Foods” there are many benefits of buying bulk foods.
- Reduce Waste: Shopping in bulk reduces both packaging and food waste.
- Reduce Transport Hours: Bulk goods require less overall transportation because there are less packaging components that must be produced and transported prior to being filled.
- It’s Cheaper: Generally speaking, buying in bulk is cheaper because you are not paying for excess packaging.
- You Can Buy Exactly How Much You Need: Buying in bulk, you can scoop out exactly how much you need so there is less food waste.
- Shop Consciously: Buying in bulk helps you think about your food waste and the amount of packaging being used.
- Sustainability: The manufacture of materials for packaging pulls trees from our forests, dumps contaminated water into our streams and uses enormous amounts of energy resulting in huge levels of CO2 emissions being dumped into our atmosphere!
MOCO’s Bulk Department has a wide range of staples from legumes to granolas to flours and spices. Whether you only need a few teaspoons of a particular spice for a recipe, or a couple pounds of flour, you can get whatever you need. Look for more changes and upgrades to our Bulk Department coming soon!