Back To School!
Whatever Your Back To School Looks Like, Let MOCO Help!
Back to School can mean something different for all of us. Whether you are an elementary, middle or high school student, a college student, or you are a parent, teacher, administrator, school staff, bus driver… (well you get the idea!), everyone needs an end of summer/back to school plan.
We are all dealing with different back-to-school scenarios, but the one we all share is dealing with our health. Here is where MOCO can help. You will find a number of healthy food options for lunches and snacks as well as ways to boost your immune system and deal with stress.
Here are a few suggestions to help both adults and kids with the transition from summer mode to school mode:
Manage Time Effectively
- Set Goals
- Set Priorities
- Focus on one task at a time
- Set up deadlines
- Take breaks
Deal With Stress
- Breathe & Meditate: Take a deep breath! Deep breathing is an extremely effective relaxation tool. It’s easy and you can do it anywhere.
- Exercise Regularly: It’s absolutely amazing what a little regular exercise can accomplish in your body and mind. A healthier body is more able to deal with stress.
- Sleep Well: Never underestimate the power of sleep!
- Use Essential Oils: A great way to relieve stress throughout your home. A few drops is all you need. Put it in a diffuser or simply dab a few drops directly onto your skin. Try lavender, grapefruit, eucalyptus, etc.
Give Yourself, as well as your child, a Break
- Drink a cup of herbal or decaffeinated tea with a healthy snack.
- Take a brisk or leisurely walk.
- Take a bath.