The Morrisville Food Co-op is a member-owned community food cooperative that emphasizes healthy, organic, fresh and locally produced products. We are supporting our local growers, farms and producers by providing quality products to our members and customers, while also strengthening our local economy. We strive to promote products that are naturally produced, organic and environmentally and socially responsible.
We need rock stars to join our Pleasant Street Café team!
We are looking for an experienced Chef/Cook to organize the kitchen activities. This position prepares foods, including but not limited to: soups, sauces, composed salads, dressings, grab & go items, deli, and any other production deemed necessary. Interest in creating a menu for soups, salads, sandwiches, etc. incorporating local Vermont products as well as items that reflect current food trends and a healthy lifestyle.
The Chef/Cook is responsible for providing the highest level of service possible to our customers, vendors, co-workers, and community. Most of all you’ll need to be a team player and leave the drama at home!
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Food prep
- Slicing cold cuts, etc.
- Making & packaging sandwiches and other To-Go menu items
- Ability to weigh portions, prioritize what to make based on size, hot or cold and how long it takes to prepare the specific order
- Food costing ability for menu items that change daily
- Rotate stock, prepare special items, and ingredients in advance of next shift or day
- Assist in receiving and stocking new products when needed
- Ensure that finished products are tasty, fresh, and attractive
- Responsible for workstation and Café area cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a Chef/Cook
- Great customer service
- Love to cook and have an understanding proper presentation
- Like to clean, keep things neat, well stocked and organized
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management
- Up to date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs and POS
- Credentials in health and safety training
- Ability to handle multiple demands, remain calm, think quickly, prioritize effectively and problem solve
- Culinary Experience: 2 years (preferred)
- Cooking Experience: 2 years (preferred)
- Knowledge of natural and conventional foods and the food industry (preferred)
Works in normal store environment where there is limited physical discomfort, although goes into refrigerated sections for inventory stocking and retrieval. Interacts with customers and associates daily.
Must be available for early morning weekday shifts and some weekends.
This position requires frequent standing as well as walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, stooping, pulling, fine motor manipulation, climbing (ladders), lifting of up to 50lbs, and the ability to move around our store and storage rooms with or without reasonable accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until position is filled.