Morrisville Food Co-op Virtual Annual Meeting
Our Annual Meeting was a success! Thanks to the 34 members who attended the virtual meeting for continued support of your co-op. As one member commented, “What a great meeting last evening and a wonderful group of people! It felt so encouraging to see such strong community support and connection.”
General Manager, Taylor Evans, and board members shared reports of board turnover and new folks stepping up to fill the vacancies, financial challenges created by the pandemic and by our continuing status as a “start-up” enterprise, positive improvements in the store, and continuing growth in membership. Everyone expressed appreciation to outgoing Board Chair, Jack Pickett, for his many years of board service. Member Tom Kastner won the raffle basket. And, after donations of $7788 to area nonprofits from the Round It Up for Change Fund this past year, the six next recipients were announced.
The Co-op is only as strong as we all intentionally make it. If you missed the meeting, please do as many of these things as possible to show your support:
- VOTE for Board members. We must have at least 50 ballots for the election. If you attended last night and missed voting, please do it now.
- Read the MEMBER CALL TO ACTION list below and make a solid promise to yourself
which action(s) you will take to help with our ongoing financial challenges.
- Watch the recording of the meeting to BE FULLY-INFORMED.
2021 Member Call to Action!
- Make the co-op your primary store.
- Be an ambassador; talk up your co-op.
- Come for lunch & bring a friend.
- Pick up some grab & go for lunch or dinner.
- Suggest “big seller” products.
- Buy gift cards (for gifts or donate them).
- Pay with cash (saves credit card fees).
- Forgive your loan, if you can.
- Volunteer for the board or committee.
- Respond to an upcoming member survey.
- Show your appreciation; we are all working hard!