The Morrisville Food Co-op is a member-owned community food cooperative that emphasizes healthy, organic, fresh and locally produced products. We are supporting our local growers, farms and producers by providing quality products to our members and customers, while also strengthening our local economy. We strive to promote products that are naturally produced, organic and environmentally and socially responsible.
Buyers have a large impact on the success of our co-op. They support exceptional customer experiences by ensuring product quality, availability, and by providing prompt, friendly, and caring service.
Specific areas of accountability include providing excellent customer service, replenishment buying, health and safety standards, merchandising, providing accurate labeling and signage, and providing general support to other areas of the store.
This role requires strong communication, attention to detail, problem solving, intercultural competence, adaptability, initiative, self-awareness, resiliency, judgment, basic math skills, and integrity.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Measure the accomplishment of sales volume goals
- Maintain and promote a relationship with the vendor community
- Assist with new items
- Help leverage retailer strategies with suppliers
- Negotiate deduction paybacks and cost discrepancies when needed
- Initiate product development presentations
- Represent the Co-op at all account meetings
- Present all products in an informative and professional manner utilizing the resources of the supplier community, market research available from industry resources, account available information and the marketing services of the Co-op
- Work with the Marketing Director in the coordination of advertising and promotional activities
- General issue resolution (deductions, cost discrepancies, etc.)
- Also performs duties of staff as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in the Consumer-Packaged Goods/Grocery/Food industry preferred
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Must be able to deal with a fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate good initiative
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skill
Works in normal store environment where there is limited physical discomfort, although goes into refrigerated sections for inventory stocking and retrieval. Interacts with customers and associates daily.
The majority of our jobs require some weekend and/or evening hours. Additional shifts may be necessary to meet the needs of the department. Evening and weekend flexibility required.
Work in a safe environment at all times. Follow all appropriate standards with regards to sanitation, safe food handling practices, handling and labeling of organic ingredients, allergen labeling, and special diets.
This position requires frequent standing as well as walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, stooping, pulling, fine motor manipulation, climbing (ladders), lifting of up to 50lbs, and the ability to move around our store and storage rooms with or without reasonable accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until position is filled.