Bookkeeper / Office Manager
The Morrisville Food Cooperative, a growing community based healthy food market with a strong emphasis on local, sustainable and organic options is looking for an experienced bookkeeper / office manager ( 30 hours per week) to manage our day-to-day accounting and finance needs. This position requires confidentiality, excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong customer relations skills. Our ideal candidate is committed to our cooperative principles and our community mission.
- Balance and maintain accurate accounts
- Take charge of accounts payable, entering invoices using Quickbooks Online and the coop’s Point of Sale (POS) software
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Reconcile bank accounts as well as cash for deposit and credit clearing accounts
- Process bi-weekly payroll, and performing year end reporting
- Analyze monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheets, making adjustments as necessary
- Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
- Prepare books for year-end prior to yearly audit
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field
- Five years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll and payroll reports and inventory management.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience with data entry, record keeping.
- Strong proficiency in Quickbooks Online and Microsoft 365 including working and creating excel spreadsheets
- Knowledge of ECRS Catapult POS software an asset
- Experience in services related to submitting payroll taxes and all items related to government compliance
- HR experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until position is filled.