Associate/Customer Service Representative
The Morrisville Food Co-op is a member-owned community food cooperative that emphasizes healthy, organic, fresh and locally produced products. We are supporting our local growers, farms and producers by providing quality products to our members and customers, while also strengthening our local economy. We strive to promote products that are naturally produced, organic and environmentally and socially responsible.
Our Associate/Customer Service Representatives provide fast, friendly, helpful and efficient service to all Co-op customers. You will be responsible for stocking grocery products, pricing the product and ensuring that the aisles and shelves are neat, clean and leveled. You’ll provide excellent customer courtesy and service at all times. You will be required to operate a register, and fulfill any other front end duties as business needs necessitate.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Responsible for assisting the Manager in ensuring proper receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and building of displays
- Properly rotate all product, pulling outdated items from shelves immediately
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned to meet business objectives
- Comply with established procedures, practices, sales, safety and security according to Morrisville Food Co-op’s policies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service skills
- Grocery background preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of customers, employees and management.
- Ability to prioritize work tasks, multi-task and maintain focus
- Must have flexible schedule availability
Works in normal store environment where there is limited physical discomfort, although goes into refrigerated sections for inventory stocking and retrieval. Interacts with customers and associates daily.
The majority of our jobs require some weekend and/or evening hours. Additional shifts may be necessary to meet the needs of the Co-op. Evening and weekend flexibility required.
Work in a safe environment at all times. Follow all appropriate standards with regards to sanitation, safe food handling practices, handling and labeling of organic ingredients, allergen labeling, and special diets.
This position requires frequent standing as well as walking, kneeling, squatting, bending, reaching, stooping, pulling, fine motor manipulation, climbing (ladders), lifting of up to 50lbs, and the ability to move around our store and storage rooms with or without reasonable accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review of applications will start immediately and continue until position is filled.